Random Thursday thoughts
Rather than one big thing, just a handful of little things:
- I’m beginning to think the name Katie/Katy may soon overtake Sara/Sarah as the unofficial Most-Common-Woman’s-Name in the DOC. Thankfully (or not), Scott still holds a commanding lead in the Men’s Name category.
- Speaking of unofficial races, (No More Shots) Shannon has long-held the record for most comments on this blog, but Scott K (‘s Diabetes) is closing in. We’re talking single-digits, people!
- Lately I’ve been contemplating getting my own domain name for this site and losing the dot-WordPress-dot-com. Is it worth the investment, and does it really make a difference in perception or credibility anyway? I welcome your feedback. (RollingInThed-dot-com? What the heck is Thed?)
- Speaking of domain names, Sugabetic is now SarahKaye.me. She recognizes that there there’s more to life than diabetes, and how can you not define yourself by your disease if that’s all you write about (and call yourself)? Makes sense to me.
- At the end of last week, I was completely out of ideas and thought this would be a slow blogging week. But a late-Friday tweet from Abby (about looking up carbs in an Auntie Anne’s pretzel) began the inspiration for what ultimately became a five-day-blogging week. It’s funny how these things happen.
- If you’re one of the people who have gone so far as to threaten DiabetesDad and his family because of a blog post: STOP IT!!!
- This is not Bolus-Worthy. (my roll of Charmin Ultra later confirmed that it’s loaded with indigestible sugar alcohols, too)
Thanks to everyone who extended their birthday wishes on Tuesday! Also, thank you so much to those of you who left your comments about living happily with diabetes on my post yesterday — I’m hoping that post -with its comments – will reassure and comfort those parents of CWD’s who are feeling hopeless.